Christianity is the dominant religion in Germany. About 70 percent of the German population identifying themselves as Christian. Muslims make up 3.7 percent of the population. When people think of Germany they usually think christian, no thought goes to any other religion. This has become a very huge stereotype now a days. When you go to Germany you are surrounded by churches, crosses, people celebrating christmas etc. you never really hear about someone celebrating ramadan or eid not just in Germany but really anywhere in Europe. I am a german and I am muslim. I do not celebrate all muslim celebrations but I do follow some of the major traditions, Not eating pork being the main rule. It is hard to be a german when there are so many stereotypes attached to the name. These stereotypes include eating a lot of meat (pork), drinking beer, celebrating christmas,  taking the metro everywhere. I do none of these and yet I am still a german.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog